Lower Withington is a thriving & caring community and everyone is welcome to join our Sunday Worship. Our morning services are followed by tea or coffee and a chance to socialise.
See our Church Services for more information, this will also show our special Services held during the year.
If you would like to find out more about:
- what regular activities are held in the Church click here
- what social / fundraising events are planned click here
- the history of the Church click here
- the village of Lower Withington click here
- how to get to the Church click here
- our accessibility at the Church click here
Lower Withington Methodist Church was built in 1808 and opened on Easter Sunday.
The brass band continues with the tradition that started in 1856 playing Carols through the village on the Monday night before Christmas, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day morning.
The minister, local vicar and their congregations meet:
- on a local farm on Rogation Sunday to bless the livestock and crops
- at the Parish Hall for the village Carol Service.